Tuesday, October 27, 2015

2 years ago


2 years ago today I hugged Mama T for the first time. E's original due date was Oct. 24.  We were officially matched with T on Oct. 16. Mom and I flew to CA on Oct 26....thinking we were getting there just in time. Hah! God and newborns have twisted senses of humor and their own timing. Who knew we would fly home 2 weeks later without a baby.....but with grateful hearts for the time we were able to spend getting to really know T.  

Who knew just 10 days later I would gaze at the most beautiful face I had ever seen.....and promptly send out the pic above to friends and loved ones letting them know E was finally here and was absolutely perfect. How is it even possible that 2 years has gone by? That sweet, tiny, smiley baby has grown into a sweet, tiny, smiley, opinionated, smart, funny, beautiful and still perfect girl. 

Holding her for the first time I felt humble and awed at the gift I was being given. Every night, as I watch her sleep, I still feel the same way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment