Saturday, June 8, 2013

Signs and hope

So, I'm a big believer in signs. I'm also pretty superstitious and haven't quite given up on Santa...so read on at your own risk. :)

Every once in a while, I have a doubting day where it's hard to imagine this baby dream ever becoming a reality. (8 months only seems like a short amount of time when you're not in the midst of waiting for something miraculous to happen) On those doubting days, I ask for a sign to show me that I'm on the right path. Now granted, I WATCH for them.....but they do generally appear when I ask. Like the day I found the adoption success stories book at the dollar store and it was the only copy they had. Or, when out to dinner on my birthday, and the song playing as we entered the restaurant had the words "I must have done something right for you to come into my life". Or the dreams about my baby that other people keep having. But the best one, so far, happened yesterday.

I was at a class that I'm taking this summer about technology and the 21st century learner. They had us download a book onto our iPads. The intro to the book had an audio/video portion. When it came time for us to read the first chapter, I put my earbuds in and tapped the book to start. The intro plays, I'm watching a picture of the earth revolving and then the picture changes to a watercolor-y type silhouette of a person and a John Denver song starts playing. I recognize the song as one I downloaded for the baby because it seemed to fit. The title is The Gift You Are. I was thinking how cool it was that the author chose this song to go with the first chapter. But, as the song continued to play, I worried I wouldn't have enough time to read the chapter. I asked the instructor how to skip the rest of the song. That's when I found out NOBODY else got the John Denver song. My IPad somehow combined the book and the song. I swear I didn't touch it after I tapped the book icon! So see....my sign I asked for!

Oh....and please send prayers, good thoughts, good mojo, whatever you are best at and believe in for a new friend. She's going through a tough time and may be doing it alone. I'm sure she could use our love.

No comments:

Post a Comment