Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Wishing and hoping

So, the question for today is.....how do you keep from wishing your days away when all you're doing is waiting for the best thing to ever happen to you? Today marks 8 months since I officially started my adoption journey and 5 months officially waiting. I remember, when I was just starting out, reading posts, blogs, etc of people this far in talking about how hard the wait was. I remember thinking, "That's not even the length of a typical pregnancy. It shouldn't be that hard to wait." Yeah....I was wrong. The biggest difference? Pregnancy gives you a finish line. You know when you're almost there. Adoption is like a marathon...with no mile markers...and twisty roads...and no way to know how close the finish line is until you're crashing through it. Endurance definitely needed.

Guess I'll go drink some Gatorade. And maybe shop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment