Sunday, July 21, 2013

Goodbye Angel Bunny

My opinionated yet sweet, fuzz ball girl passed away yesterday. She was about 2 months shy of her 12th birthday. While I am so very, very glad that she went in her own time, in her own peaceful way, I do feel very guilty that I was not there. I said goodbye to her, and cuddled her, and kissed her nose before I left on this trip.....but I still feel badly that I was not there. My mom cuddled and pet her a lot yesterday morning before it happened, so I know she knew she was not alone. If I had been home though, odds are good I would have woken up to her being gone....and still would have felt guilty. 

It will be weird to go home without her. She was the last of the original four who moved into our first home. May her Rainbow Bridge be somewhere with warmth and sunshine and cilantro and kale and apples, dried apricots and Craisins. And someone to rub her nose every once in a while till I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment