Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Fair warning

All right. So, one of the reasons I started this blog was (hopefully) to help people like me. Single ladies adopting domestically. What I have found so far on this journey is that the waiting is the hardest part. By a lot. In my search for blogs to read ('cause misery loves company), I'm finding that not many of them spend much time discussing the waiting. Well, except for those ladies who adopted from China. They had insanely long waits! Thank you Catherine and Krista for sharing all you went through (I know there are many more but these are the two I first became obsessed...umm, interested in). When I'm having a rough day, feeling like I can't wait much longer...reading some of their pages gives me strength to carry on.

Anyway, what all this rambling is building towards is a warning. There are probably going to be quite a few posts dealing with the waiting, and the uncertainty, and the lack of control, and the general suckiness (blogger says that's not a word but it should be) of being in limbo to become a mom.  So, feel free to jump ship and tune back in when the skies are sunny again. Or if, like me, you're looking for someone to vicariously share your down days with...pull up a comfy chair and stay a while. I promise they won't ALL be DebbieDowner posts (I am by nature a pretty positive, look for the silver lining even when it's hiding kind of gal). There's a lot of good going on in my little world right now, too. It's just that some days the gloom over takes me and the best way for me to get it out is to write about it. So...you've been warned. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment