Sunday, February 3, 2013

Prayers needed...

Tonight, as I was driving home, I had what I call a guardian angel moment. One of those times when you're compelled to do something and you don't know why. You do it anyway and then find out the reason. Some people call it coincidence, I prefer to think of it as something more. Anyway, tonight I was struck with an urge to call my aunt and uncle. I go visit them for about a week every summer and we usually email the rest of the year. Tonight, I just couldn't get past the thought that I should call. I did, and received some scary news. Neither one is doing very well. My aunt has had breathing issues since last fall and, starting this summer, issues with retaining water. She is really not feeling well now, has gained 20 pounds in water, has been to numerous doctors and had tons of tests....no one is able to tell her what's going on. My uncle was hospitalized this week. He's been feeling poorly, has had trouble eating and has lost about 20 pounds. The doctors did a scope and found a tumor in his esophagus that they believe is cancer. They biopsied it and should have results Tuesday. He's also fallen a couple of times and is using a walker to get around. My aunt and uncle are both around 80, but have always been very vibrant, active people. Just this past summer, my uncle was still doing his own car repairs. I don't know how many people actually read this blog, but if all of you who do could take a moment to send up prayers (or simply good wishes if you're not religious) for health and healing for my aunt and uncle, I'd really appreciate it. They really mean a lot to me and it scares me to think that my child might not ever get to meet them.... Oh, and the next time your guardian angel whispers to you, be sure to listen. I'm sure glad I listened tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment