Thursday, January 24, 2013

Karma can suck

Even when you're 5, karma can bite you in the butt....

Today, as we're coming in from recess, two of my little boys, E and R, tell me that a third boy, I, pushed them so that their heads banged together. Now, I had a rough start to his year, and was notorious for being overly physical. He's gotten A LOT better, but the kiddos are not so quick to change their image of him. After getting some more info, I realize that I was in the wrong, but didn't have time to deal with it right then because our book buddies are walking through the door. I tell E to remind me later so that I can have I fix it with E and R.

Not 2 minutes later, I comes up to me complaining that another child pushed him and he banged his head on the wall. I said, " Funny that you should say that 'cause R and E were just telling me that you pushed them and their heads banged together. Sounds like you just had the same thing happen to you." Honest to God, I looks at me with this look that clearly said, "Well, crap. Karma sure sucks." and walked away! I love that kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment