Tuesday, January 15, 2013

They should have a disclaimer....

So, this is not the post I had planned for tonight, that one will come tomorrow instead. Because tonight I was watching "Private Practice". Actually, I was flipping between Private Practice and "Parenthood". Both have adoption storylines going on right now. Parenthood's story is ticking me off, though, so I was mostly sticking with Private Practice. Anyway, one of the characters has been raising a baby boy since his birth and tonight was supposed to be his finalization. I figured happy, feel good night. Since it's a drama, there were, of course, issues and the finalization was in jeopardy. Meanwhile, adoptive mom is also a doctor and delivered triplets. Cut to scene of her talking to the babies in the nursery and commenting that their parents were lucky because they got three and she just wanted one. You guessed it.....I immediately became a crying, blubbering mess...."Me too!".  I swear there MUST be adoption hormones! And, here's the point of this whole thing....they put warnings on shows for language, nudity, gore.....can they please also post "tearjerker" warnings?!? It would have saved me some tears (well, probably not, but I would have at least been prepared), the dogs a freak out session trying to figure out what they did wrong, and you from having to read this tirade. :)

2 comments:

  1. Watch out! I was a "never cry" type girl until I became a Momma. You will have the same imbalances as other Moms and it only gets worse, much much worse! I cried SO easily (and occasionally still do) after Ell was born!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the problem----I AM a crier. I don't watch Hallmark movies because the commercials get me. I LOVE It's a Wonderful Life and will watch it every time it comes on....and cry at the ending every time! From what you say, I'm pretty SOL. :)

    ReplyDelete